Saturday, May 15, 2010

God Photoshops Jupiter

An amateur astronomer from Australia has photos to prove that God has a computer and He’s pretty good at photoshopping objects in the universe to change their appearance (God that is).

Take Jupiter for example. Astronomers claim that normal pictures of Jupiter show two distinct bands of dark cloud matter over the northern and southern ends of the planet, with the Giant Red Spot visible down by the lower dark band.

When Australian Astronomer Nicus Coper viewed Jupiter just last month however, after the planet came out from behind the sun, the dark band at the bottom was missing and the Giant Red Spot was redder.

“I couldn’t believe my eyes,” said Coper, “there it was in plain view, an altered Jupiter. I couldn’t wait to show photos of it to my fellow amateur astronomers.” The photos became all the rage in astronomy circles throughout the internet and Coper became pretty well known for his sense of timing in finally catching God in the act.

Apparently, Jupiter isn’t the only planet to be photoshopped by God. On rare occasions, Saturn has been spotted without her rings. “Yes,” said Coper, “God is a wonder. He makes me laugh all the time. I never know what I’m going to see when I look up into the night sky.”

Coper claims that several months ago, he had his telescope trained toward the dog star, Sirius, which is designated as a dwarf star. “All of a sudden, I noticed the star had what appeared to be a cloud formation across its face in the shape of a pair of spectacles. It looked almost exactly like the Disney character, Doc. I was quite amused.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed reading this article, or didn't enjoy reading this article, I'd like to know. Go on, I can take it...