Friday, July 15, 2011

Owner of Harry Potter-Y Shop Ordered to Find New Name

Hoping to cash in on the Harry Potter craze sweeping the country yet again, Margaret Clayton of Henry County, Arkansas opened a do-it-yourself pottery shop called Harry Potter-Y and couldn’t believe how much business she had the first day.

“I never in my wildest dreams knew how popular pottery making was,” said Clayton, whose store grossed over $2,000 in its first week of operation.

However, Clayton also found out that success comes at a price. After the local newspaper ran a story about the success of Harry Potter-Y, word somehow got back to the owner of the Harry Potter franchise, who then had their attorneys file a restraining order against Clayton ordering her to immediately close her Harry Potter-Y store.

“I was flabbergasted,” said Clayton. “Imagine, the Harry Potter folks giving little ole me a shout out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed reading this article, or didn't enjoy reading this article, I'd like to know. Go on, I can take it...