Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kate Gosselin Disappointed None of Her Children Showing Star Potential

As a new season of Kate Plus Eight finishes up filming to get ready to air on August 8, Kate has come away from the experience with a new concern regarding her 8 children: “None of them have an ounce of star potential,” says Kate.

Kate claims that ever since she’s been showing off her kids on reality shows, she’s been too busy just trying to keep some kind of civilized order that she never really sat down and thought about what the kids were bringing to the table.

“When they were young,” said Kate, “all they had to do is stand in front of a camera and eat a popsicle and they were considered the star of the show. But now that they are getting older, that popsicle trick just doesn’t cut it. So far, this season, I’m sorry to say that it’s gonna be the same old thing, a bunch of whining kids waiting for me to step up to the plate,” she said.

“Sure, we’ve gone on new field trips, we’ve seen new things, but honestly, how many times can you watch a bunch of kids out in the field trying to catch butterflies?” she asked. “I mean, look at Bindi Irwin, [daughter of the late Steve Irwin]. She is just a couple of years older than my twins. That little girl can sing, dance, act, wrestle alligators, the whole nine yards,” said Kate. “I wish I could direct my kids’ energy like that so that instead of acting like monkeys in a zoo…” she trailed off.

Kate says that because she doesn’t have the money to send the kids to acting class, she doesn’t see them really making a name for themselves in show business. Therefore, she’s pretty much resigned herself to the fact that her acting talents alone are going to have to carry the show. She admits the irony. “Reality bites sometimes,” she said.

“It’s a burden when you know you are the only one in the family with God-given talents,” said Gosselin. “But at least I’m thankful for that. I mean, what the heck would we all do if I couldn’t act, dance, or negotiate the hell out of a contract?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed reading this article, or didn't enjoy reading this article, I'd like to know. Go on, I can take it...