Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tom Hanks to Portray Bill O’Reilly in Upcoming Autobiography

In an upcoming autobiography by Bill O’Reilly in which he prefers not to play himself, O’Reilly has hired Tom Hanks to step in and portray the “love him or hate him” darling of Fox News Channel.

“At first I thought, man, this is really weird,” says Hank about being approached to play Bill O’Reilly in the book. “But the more I read about O’Reilly’s life, I realized this guy really needs help, so I said sure, why not?”

“It could have been anyone, really,” claims O’Reilly, when asked about the project. “I started my autobiography at the tender age of 47 and even by then, I knew I was gonna have trouble selling my life to anyone listening. That’s why I put the project on the shelf (or in this case, in the drawer) and almost forgot about it.”

But what happened next was a near miracle according to O’Reilly. “I was sitting in my big easy chair at home in front of a roaring fire and reading Anderson Cooper’s Autobiography ‘Dispatches from the Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters and Survival’ and thinking ‘what a load of crap,’ and thought, hell, if he can do it, I can do it.”

That is when O’Reilly went to his desk and pulled the aging manuscript from a bottom drawer under which was a picture of him shaking hands with Tom Hanks. “It was as if a bomb exploded in my head,” said O’Reilly. “I’m gonna ask my old pal Tom to portray me in my book. His life is so much better than mine and, even if it isn’t, we can always use portions of the characters he played in movies to jazz it up a bit.”

O’Reilly’s autobiography should be on book shelves by the end of this year regardless of Hank’s shooting schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed reading this article, or didn't enjoy reading this article, I'd like to know. Go on, I can take it...