Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Don’t Blame the Rich, It’s a Generational Thing

Just as the rich say that breaking the cycle of poverty is a never-ending battle because it is self-perpetuating, some are now using that same logic to try and explain the unmitigated greed that is threatening to tear apart entire states such as Wisconsin and Michigan.

The rich, or as they like to refer to themselves as “the haves” say they simply can’t help it. “We were born this way. It’s how we were raised,” claims Thurston B. Howell III, no relation to the millionaire played by Jim Backus in the hit television show Gilligan’s Island. His wife, whom he nicknamed “Lovey” agreed. “Yeahssss, I agree with Thurston, except in my case, I married into the money, but same concept I suppose.”

The rich say they are tired of being blamed for the greedy way they try to buy power and influence. One billionaire, who asked to remain nameless because he can, had this to say, “Even if I wanted to, I simply do not know the first thing about how to break my own cycle of wealth.”

He related this horrific story. “I honestly tried going to a Walmart once to buy some Clamato juice as we’d run out on the yacht and our servants all had the day off for some inexplicable reason. As I drove the Bentley to the door labeled Food Center, there was no one at the curb to open the door for me and park my car. I lost all sense of where I was. It was awful. I had to turn around and go back to the yacht empty-handed.”

On the bright side, there are way less uber rich than poor folks. Therefore, the chances of ever seeing rich people picketing in the streets for their rights are slim to none.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed reading this article, or didn't enjoy reading this article, I'd like to know. Go on, I can take it...